APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 15, 2017
The scholarship application is now available through Google for those unable to access through Wufoo. Responses will automatically be received. The deadline to complete the scholarship application and send all other documents is December 15th. Click on the link below for the application. You may need a Google account to complete.
Eligible to apply:
- High school seniors who are of Hispanic heritage (50% or more) with a 2.8 GPA or above and enrolling as a full time student in a post-secondary institution
in the fall of the upcoming school year.
- High school seniors who live in Wichita, Andover, Derby, Haysville, Goddard, Maize & Valley Center are eligible to apply.
3. Letters of Recommendation Online Form
Letters of Recommendation – Word Document – Due December 15
Two letters of recommendations are required. Recommenders can use the Letters of Recommendation Form or a Word document.
Applicant should request letters from people with whom they are familiar and have known for a more than one year. Use the following rules of thumb as a guide to asking for letters of recommendations:
- Core academic teachers during junior and senior years of high school
- Academic teachers throughout four years of high school (band, foreign language, art, etc.)
- Elective teachers throughout four years of high school (student government, newspaper, physical education, etc.)
- Coaches who have known you for four years or less
- Counselors/advisors for more than one year (through clubs, activities, etc.)
- Community people who know you well (church or work)
4. Official Transcript Online Form
Official Transcript – Word Document – Due December 15
Official high school transcript should be submitted directly from the Registrar Office or high school counselor. To be accepted as official, a transcript must come from the issuing high school in either a sealed, unopened envelope or via our electronic delivery method using the link provided above.
Mail transcripts to:
PO Box 4248
Wichita, KS 67204
5. Scholarship Application Online Form – Due December 15 (original online form through Wufoo).
Student Resume (OPTIONAL) – Due December 15
The student resume can be include list of education information with GPA and class rank, awards & honors, school and community activities, advanced placement classes, and work experience.
Your document must have a header with your name, your high school, and date.
The Student Resume can be submitted as a Word document to the online scholarship application (Question #16A) or it can be submitted in a Word document and emailed to email@example.com.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Irma Luna at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-259-2532.